With 822 million members, LinkedIn is one of the most popular social platforms today. Although initially designed for professional purposes, B2B marketers are gravitating toward the network to fuel growth and drive commercial results.
Nick Verity, CEO of Cleverly, a LinkedIn lead-generation tool, shared with Spotlight why B2B businesses should leverage the platform designed for professionals.
Nick also gave us some tips on how to get started and run effective campaigns on the platform and revealed the biggest B2B LinkedIn marketing trends of 2023.
How To Get Started On LinkedIn
By harnessing the power of LinkedIn, businesses can reach a more professional audience and boost their conversion rates.
First impressions matter! So, the first action they should take is to refine the profiles and fulfill all the necessary information, including:
- Company name and logo
- Company description under the “About” section
- Company website
Additionally, businesses should create and post authentic and engaging content relevant to their audience.
Nick believes that the best-performing types of content on the platform are:
- Controversial beliefs (challenge the status queue in your industry)
- Stories (leadership/HR, come-back, vulnerability, failures)
- Lists (how-to, educational, tools, frameworks, learnings)
According to him, these are some of the best practices for sharing content on LinkedIn:
- Post at least once a week on Tuesdays-Thursdays
- Make sure you reply to every comment as soon as possible after posting because the algorithm boosts posts with a lot of comments in the first hour
- Like and comment on other people's posts at least once per day to build your visibility
Apart from setting a profile and publishing content, Nick also shared a few other key steps to take to achieve results on the platform:
- Step 1: Get LinkedIn Sales Navigator ($99/month)
- Step 2: Build a "Saved Search" of qualified prospects in your city
- Step 3: Send 10-20 connection requests a day (for free) to them with personalized notes
"You'll add 20-40% to your network with that strategy, and it's likely you'll start conversations too,” he explained.
As a LinkedIn lead generation tool Cleverly helps businesses send proven and personalized messages to potential audiences.
“We use proven strategies honed from working with over 3,000 clients to build niche lists for clients, write effective copy and send connection requests and follow-ups for you, all 100% done-for-you. All our clients have to do is reply to the leads we get them,” added the CEO of Cleverly.
How To Run Effective Campaigns On LinkedIn
Given that LinkedIn is a crowded medium, businesses often find it difficult to run effective marketing campaigns that capture and convert audiences.
Nick suggests three keys that can help with these efforts:
- You absolutely have to niche down targeting lists and include personalizers in all messages
- Don't be salesly and keep your messages to 1-3 lines max
- Be consistent; send connection requests and engage with people's posts daily
Since we are in the middle of the holiday season, and holidays are prime time for engagement, he also points out that it is important to get started during the holidays to cut through the noise, when most people aren't selling or posting on LinkedIn.
The Biggest LinkedIn Marketing Trends Of 2023
Looking ahead, we asked about the biggest LinkedIn trends for 2023 that businesses should prepare for.
“You'll see more CEOs and employees post content on LinkedIn. Personal branding is overtaking company brands, and there is attention arbitrage on LinkedIn because so few people are posting,” said Nick.
Thank you for your time, Nick Verity! Best of luck to you and Cleverly!